Isaiah 41:10

'Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes I will help you. I will uphold you with My righteous hands'

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Chasing After the Heart of God

I am running,
running faster than my own feet can carry me
I am not only running, but I am chasing
Chasing after a love so divine, so pure, so real
that I am almost blinded by its truth
His grace and mercy are painted on the sky above me
and the light that the stars cast over my head is what guides me
I race over the hills he has mapped out for me
and I dance under the shield of His wings, for no dark souls can reach me
I am chasing after the heart of God
running, rushing, galloping down this narrow path he has paved for me
My soul searching, pursuing, burning for a mere moment in His presence
My heart pumping violently, shaking in the brightness of His glory
Fear itself could not have induced such a beat so powerful
For only a heart in pursuit of the Lord could undergo a pressure so eternal
My feet pounding against the soil,
leaving the mark of His word pressed deep into the earth
The steadiness of my own pace frightens me,
for how do I continue without rest?
The hope and faith in His word is what fuels this fire
The hope and faith in His word is what ignites this heart of mine
As I chase after the heart of God,
Let my flame roar at the sound of your name
Let my soul burst in the presence of the Lord
Let my spirit fly at the sight of His face
Keep these feet pointed towards you, do not let them pivot away!
O Jesus, "My heart has heard you say, 'Come and talk with me.'
And my heart responds, 'Lord, I am coming.'"
As I draw near you, dear Lord please draw near to me
I shall endure this path, even to the point of death,
And as I chase after your heart O God,
I only ask of you one thing
O dear Lord, please stay with me

-Isabela Delclos

No comments:

Post a Comment