Isaiah 41:10

'Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes I will help you. I will uphold you with My righteous hands'

Friday, September 17, 2010

Building a Home for Jesus




I lay wood down on the foundation of my heart
nails pressed deep into my soul
I've mapped it out just for you
Each side wide and stable for the permanent stay
Walls of stone carved with your name
Bright Lights shine through the window panes
All I see is your beautiful face
I built a home for you
Wood stacked upon my chest
I built a home for you to rest
Each door left open
for my majesty
nothing left to hide
Oh dear Lord, stay and sleep
in the home I built for you and me.


This house has been torn down a thousand times
but your always there outside its doors
waiting for me to nail down the floors
Even when a tornado hits
and all my work is torn to bits
Your by my side with a hammer in hand
re-building the home that you had planned
Each nail digs deeper into my heart
knowing that we will never part.

With wood and nails
a life was taken
With wood and nails
life was given
With wood and nails
the son has risen

Walls of stone carved with your name
Bright Lights shine through the window panes
All I see is your beautiful face
I built a home for you
Wood stacked upon my chest
I built a home for you to rest.

Oh dear Lord, stay and sleep
in the home I built for you and me.




-The Writer
-Isabela Delclos
-A Follower of Jesus Christ




No comments:

Post a Comment